A textbook fund administrator will need to be appointed and this can be delegated to a deputy head, a senior teacher or a member of the Parent Teachers Association. The appointee would be responsible for the scheme’s day to day running at the school.
The duties include the following:
Identifying new books and class participation.
- Organizing the tagging and covering of books
- Distributing books to students
- Collecting rental fees from students
- Requesting additional books when needed
- Maintaining textbook ledgers
- Developing a school book policy
- Instructing students on proper textbook care
- Collecting books at the end of the year and returning the textbook inventory and re-ordering form
- Negotiating purchase/volume discounts with booksellers for following year
The senior management team (Principal or PTA) is often responsible for the proper administration and management of the fund.
If you have any questions or require more details on book covering systems, visit our website or contact us: + 353 1 460 2200