Identifying School Needs
- Is the school reviewing its present scheme or considering the introduction of a book rental scheme?
- What are the benefits/drawbacks related to the scheme?
- Have parents, pupils been consulted?
- Has the Board of Management been consulted?
- Can a pilot project be introduced prior to the full implementation of the scheme?
- How is the initial capital acquired to buy a stock of books?
- What yearly rental charge is levied?
- Is it the same for all classes/for all pupils?
- How often is this charge reviewed?
- What procedures are followed if the fee is not paid?
- What arrangements are made for children eligible under the Aid for School Books Grant Scheme? (Refer to relevant circular)
Implementation of scheme
- Who has overall responsibility for the administration of the scheme?
- What books are included in the scheme?
- Who purchases the books?
- How books are identified – school stamps, label …?
- Who is responsible for the cataloging and distribution of books?
- Who is responsible for the covering, repair and replacement of books?
- What system is used to collect the books at the end of the year?
- What procedures are followed if books are damaged or lost?
- What special storage arrangements are in place?
- What happens to the books that are no longer required by the school?
- How often will the scheme be evaluated?
- What criteria will indicate that the scheme has been successful?
- Who will be involved in the review?
If you have any questions or require more details on book covering systems, visit our website or contact us: + 353 1 460 2200