Buying a paper shredder is a great idea if you want to protect private information to prevent lawsuits and identity theft. Choosing the right type, however, can be difficult because you need to choose between cross-cut and strip-cut machines. Here’s what you need to consider when making your decision:
- Speed and productivity. If you want a fast machine, you should definitely choose a strip-cut device. That’s because these machines simply turn paper into a bunch of strips. A cross-cut shredder is slower because it cuts the paper into little pieces.
- Buy Once, Buy Quality! Quality of manufacturer is very important to us. That’s why we have partnered with Krung & Priester to sell their quality EBA Shredders. They are 100% manufactured in Germany and offer a lifetime guarantee on their cutting mechanisms. Finally, all consultations and service support are understood to be 100% confidential in nature.
- Bag changes. Changing a shredder bag is a drag because it’s too easy to make a wrong move and end up with paper bits all over the floor. If you choose a cross- or confetti-cut machine, you won’t be changing the bag as often as you would be with a strip-cut shredder.
- Maintenance. The only thing you really need to do to maintain your device is oil it on a regular basis. Keep in mind that cross-cut machines require a lot more oiling than their strip-cut counterparts since they cut more. Your machine’s instruction manual should have information on how often you’ll need to oil the device.
- Security. Security is one of the most important considerations when choosing a machine since you need a device that will help you dispose of private documents. Cross- and confetti-cut shredders definitely offer the most security because they can tear your paper into countless pieces. Since the document is in pieces, it can’t be reconstructed, so your information is safe.